Groningen Airport Eelde attaches a great deal of importance to the reliable and careful handling of personal data. This Privacy Statement is therefore based on the principle that airport users should have as much control as possible over their personal data, taking into account the legal requirements of privacy legislation (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR).
In this Privacy Statement, we seek to be as transparent as possible about how we process personal data and its purpose.
This Privacy Statement applies to:
- Natural and legal persons using our products and services.
- Parties from which we purchase goods and/or services.
- Passengers, visitors and parties established at Groningen Airport Eelde.
- Visitors to our website.
- Participants in our promotional competitions and/or surveys.
- People that Groningen Airport Eelde shares other information with via social media, newsletters or email.
Groningen Airport Eelde is explicitly not responsible for the data processing of third parties established at Groningen Airport Eelde and/or third parties that use our website via a hyperlink. We refer to the relevant privacy statements of these parties for the personal data they process.
Purposes of data processing
We need your personal data to operate as effectively as possible. Personal data is processed on the basis of principles as set out in privacy legislation. The purpose of the processing of personal data is determined before it is processed. We differentiate between several purposes. These purposes are:
Compliance with statutory obligations, the performance of tasks in the public interest and safety guarantees
Groningen Airport Eelde is charged by the government with security and border control for passengers, luggage, and people working at the airport. We process personal data in order to perform these security checks properly. For example, we use cameras on the airport grounds and are obliged to subject people working at the airport to a security screening by the AIVD (the Dutch General Intelligence and Security Service).
In addition to Groningen Airport Eelde, other parties established at the airport also process personal data in order to fulfil this purpose, such as the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee, Customs, the party engaged for security checks and the Airport Shop (in order to sell duty-free items).
Performance of agreements
It is necessary to process personal data to offer our services optimally. In some cases, we make use of services provided by third parties or process personal data on behalf of third parties, such as airlines. This concerns the following processing operations:
- Checking in passengers
- Parking space reservations
- Communication with our suppliers and customers.
- Having delayed or lost luggage forwarded to you.
Providing information and improving our services
If you contact us to request information or to file a complaint, we may retain this complaint or question. It is possible that we will need more personal data to properly deal with the question or complaint. In that case we will ask you to share more personal data with us. We will not use this personal data for purposes other than correctly handling the question or complaint.
Performing and improving our services
By combining and analysing personal data, we can:
- Execute our business processes, such as facilitating the arrival and departure of passengers and processing luggage flows.
- Optimise and improve our customer contact and complaint settlement.
- Better guarantee security on the airport grounds, for example by using camera images. You will be informed of the presence of camera surveillance when entering the airport site.
- Reporting on our analyses and insights for statistical research so that we can respond even better to the needs of our target groups;
We only analyse the personal data we need. We will collect data as much as possible at a certain level of abstraction, encrypt it or anonymise it.
Operation of online services such as the GAE website, the online parking system and social media
- If you would like more information about the airport and the services we offer, please subscribe for our electronic newsletter. By subscribing to our newsletter, you consent to our using your email address to send you the newsletter and other information such as special offers.
- We use the "double opt-in" system, which guarantees that an email address cannot be registered by third parties. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of each electronic newsletter.
- During your visit to our website, cookies are created and viewed by our systems. A cookie is a compact piece of data that is stored on your computer. Once the cookie has been placed, the server will recognise your previous visit and track what you have done in the past on our website so that we can make it function as well and relevantly as possible.
Based on visitor flows, for example, it is possible to find out which web pages are popular and which parts need to be modified. Groningen Airport Eelde uses Google Analytics and Hotjar cookies for this purpose. Personal data is not made visible and will not be stored. Hotjar cookies delete themselves after 1 year. For more information about cookies we refer you to our cookie statement.
- Like all other website, Groningen Airport Eelde processes the IP addresses of website visitors. An IP address is a number that allows computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be sent to it. We use IP addresses to manage the website and make it as relevant as possible.
- It is possible to reserve a parking space with us online. The personal data you provide is used to make the reservation and settle your payment. Anonymised personal data may also be used for statistical purposes.
- If you visit our access portal for WiFi, we will only use your personal data for connection to the WiFi network. This data will not be further processed or stored. When you connect to the WiFi network, we may ask you to take part in a survey. The data from this survey will be used exclusively for statistical purposes.
Competitions and promotional activities
- Groningen Airport Eelde processes personal data for competitions and promotion campaigns. Personal data is needed to contact participants, for example. Personal data provided to take part in our competitions will not be shared with third parties or used for any other purpose. For more information, please refer to the terms and conditions of the relevant competition.
Who do we share your data with?
Groningen Airport Eelde shares your personal data with the following persons and/or authorities:
- Parties responsible for tasks relating to the processing of personal data, such as airlines.
- Processors (and sub-processors) engaged by Groningen Airport Eelde to perform certain tasks with regard to the processing of personal data, such as the forwarding of delayed luggage on the instructions of Groningen Airport Eelde.
- The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee and Customs, where necessary for the performance of their duties in the context of the border crossing.
- Public authorities, such as the police and the judicial authorities, to the extent necessary to comply with statutory obligations.
International transfer of data
In certain cases, Groningen Airport Eelde transfers personal data to authorities outside of the EU, but ensures that this is done in accordance with statutory regulations. Public authorities at the point of departure and arrival may require this in relation to security, border crossing, immigration, counterterrorism or other purposes which these authorities consider relevant.
If you would like to know what personal data of yours Groningen Airport Eelde holds and the purposes for which it is processed, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. As well as viewing your personal data, you can also use this email address to make a request to us to change or delete your personal data, or object to its processing.
Your personal data
Groningen Airport Eelde makes every effort to ensure that the personal data it processes is correct and accurate. We will not process more personal data than is necessary. Groningen Airport Eelde will not keep the personal data of data subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or further processed. Groningen Airport Eelde has set and continues to set a suitable retention period for the various personal data processing operations.
Groningen Airport Eelde also makes every effort to optimally protect your personal data against loss and unlawful use. We use a secure SSL connection when you reserve a parking space via our website, for instance.
All employees of Groningen Airport Eelde who become aware of personal data in the course of their duties are obliged to observe confidentiality. Your data will only be provided to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes set out above. Groningen Airport Eelde concludes a processor's agreement with contacts of Groningen Airport Eelde that are responsible for some or all of the performance of certain services to the effect that these parties will also optimally secure the personal data and will observe the privacy legislation.
Groningen Airport Eelde NV
NL-9761 TK Eelde
Telephone: +31 (0)50-3097070
This version was drawn up on 15 May 2018.
Groningen Airport Eelde NV